About the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
- NCQA is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to improving health care quality.
- NCQA is an independent, not-for-profit organization dedicated to assessing and reporting on the quality of managed care plans, managed behavioral healthcare organizations, preferred provider organizations, new health plans, physician organizations, credentials verification organizations, disease management programs and other health-related programs.
- NCQA accredits and certifies a wide range of health care organizations and manages the evolution of HEDIS®, the performance measurement tool used by more than 90 percent of the nation’s health plans.
- NCQA is governed by a Board of Directors that includes employers, consumers, health plans, quality experts, policy makers and representatives from organized medicine.
- NCQA’s website (www.ncqa.org) contains information to help consumers, employers and others make more informed health care choices.
- Consumers can easily access organizations’ NCQA statuses and other information on health care quality on NCQA’s website at www.ncqa.org, or by calling NCQA Customer Support at (888) 275-7585.
- NCQA’s mission is to improve the quality of health care.
About the Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS)
- HEDIS is the measurement tool used by the nation’s health plans to evaluate their performance in terms of clinical quality and customer service.
- HEDIS is a set of standardized performance measures designed to ensure that purchasers and consumers have the information they need to reliably compare the health care quality.
Banner – University Care Advantage HMO SNP successfully completed the NCQA-Certified HEDIS® Compliance Audit™.
NCQA HEDIS Compliance Audit™ is a trademark of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).”