Health & Wellness Programs
Your health matters to us!
As a member of Banner – University Care Advantage (B – UCA), you can participate in our health-related programs. Please see below for more information.
OTC Loyalty Card Program
As a member of B – UCA, you can buy over-the-counter (OTC) products with your OTC card. Items available for purchase include OTC medicines and health-related items.
To get the full list of available products you can buy, check your balance, and find participating pharmacies, log into your account at www.otcnetwork.com/member or call (888) 682-2400.
B – UCA members receive a monthly amount* towards eligible over-the-counter items.
*Monthly amount depends on your service area. Any unused amount does not rollover to the following month.
Medication Therapy Management
If you are enrolled in a Banner – University Care Advantage plan and have complex health needs, you may be able to participate in a Medication Therapy Management (MTM) program. MTM is a service offered by Banner Medicare Advantage at no additional cost to you.
The MTM program helps you and your doctor make sure that your medications are working. It also helps us identify and reduce possible medication problems.
To take part in this program, you must meet certain criteria set forth in part by Medicare. These criteria are used to identify people who have multiple chronic diseases and are at risk for medication-related problems. If you meet these criteria, we will send you a letter inviting you to participate in the program and information about the program, including how to access the program. Your enrollment in MTM is voluntary and does not affect Medicare coverage for drugs covered under Medicare.
- Have at least 3 of the following conditions or diseases: Chronic Heart Failure (CHF), Diabetes, Dyslipidemia, Hypertension, Asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), AND
- Take at least 8 covered Part D medications that are chronic/maintenance medications, AND
- Are likely to have medication costs of covered Part D medications greater than $4,376 per year.
To help reduce the risk of possible medication problems, the MTM program offers two types of clinical review of your medications:
- Targeted medication review: at least quarterly, we will review all your prescription medications and contact you, by phone or mail, and/or your doctor if we detect a potential problem.
- Comprehensive medication review: at least once a year, we offer a free discussion and review of all of your medications by a pharmacist or other health professional to help you use your medications safely. This review, or CMR, is provided to you confidentially via telephone by SinfoniaRx, which provides this service on behalf of B – UCA. This review requires about 30 minutes of your time. Following the review, you will get a written summary of this call, which you can take with you when you talk with your doctors. This summary includes:
- Medication Action Plan (MAP): The action plan has steps you should take to help you get the best results from your medications.
- Personal Medication List (PML): The medication list will help you keep track of your medications and how to use them the right way.
The Personal Medication List (PML) can help you and your health care providers keep track of the medications you are taking, see document below.
If you take many medications for more than one chronic health condition, contact your plan to see if you’re eligible for our MTM program.
B – UCA works with Monogram Health to help members with Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) and End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD). Monogram provides in-home care management services for patients with late stage CKD and ESRD at no additional cost for B – UCA members. For more information visit http://www.monogramhealth.com
Prevention Services & Reward Program
Preventative services help you stay healthy and can catch some conditions early enough for treatment and keep current conditions from getting worse. Prevention services can include an annual flu shot, BMI assessment, and a medication review.
We have $25 waiting just for you! When you complete your Medicare Annual Wellness Visit or Comprehensive Health Assessment (CHA) between January 1 and December 31, 2021, we will reward you with a $25 gift card to Subway or JCPenney. A yearly physical exam helps you and your doctor work out a care plan to help you stay healthy.
Deadline to submit your form for a reward is December 31, 2021.
Plan Benefits During Emergency Situations
In the event of a disaster or catastrophic event, B –UCA will ensure that it continues to provide all needed services to members and may be required to waive certain regulatory requirements to meet member needs during such times.
In the event of a federal Presidential emergency declaration, a Presidential (major) disaster declaration, a declaration of emergency or disaster by a Governor, or an announced public health emergency by the Secretary of Health and Human Services, the health plan will abide by all required time frames and responsibilities as required by the Department of Health and Human Services or other regulatory bodies.
Please review our policy on Benefits During Disasters and Catastrophic Events.