Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19)
Your health is important to us and we want to keep you informed of the coronavirus disease 2019 or COVID-19.
We will keep this page updated as we learn more about COVID-19 and resources. Please review the information and resources below to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
What is Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)?
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. The virus was first identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China.
Watch for Symptoms
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2 - 14 days after exposure to the virus.
|People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
|This list does not include all possible symptoms. The CDC will continue to update this list as we learn more about COVID-19.|
People of Any Age with Underlying Medical Conditions
People of any age with certain underlying medical conditions are at increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
Children who are medically complex, who have neurologic, genetic, metabolic conditions, or who have congenital heart disease are at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19 than other children.
People of any age with the following conditions are at increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19:
Content source:Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- What you should know about COVID-19 to protect yourself and others
- Symptoms of COVID-19
- Prevent the spread of COVID-19 if you are sick
- 10 things you can do to manage your COVID-19 symptoms at home
- Stop the Spread of Germs
COVID-19: More Resources
Banner Nurse Now Hotline: (888) 747-7990 (TTY users may dial 711)
Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at no cost to you.
Call for medical advice if you or a loved one is ill or injured. An experienced nursing staff will help you with your immediate health care questions. They can help you determine the type of care you need and much more.
*Please Note: This service is not intended to replace the services offered by your health care provider, but to support the care you get from your PCP.
Get the information you need to stay safe and healthy during this outbreak.
Dial 2-1-1 (must be located in Arizona to reach the hotline)
Calls will be taken in English and Spanish. Hotline is open every day from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
The info provided includes:
- How to prepare for and prevent COVID-19
- Testing for COVID-19
- Populations at higher risk from COVID-19
- What to do if an individual gets sick
- COVID-19 and animals
- Websites with up-to-date info
As a member of B – UFC/ALTCS, we want to give you the resources you need to stay healthy. There are a number of ways you can stay connected during this COVID-19 pandemic. The tools you need to manage your health are at your fingertips! Thank you for allowing us to be your partner in health and well-being.
Arizona Child Care Resource & Referral - Resources for families and children
Arizona Department of Economic Security - More than 40 different programs and services for individuals and families in need of support
- Business Resources
- Cash, Medical, and Nutritional Assistance
- Child Care Assistance
- Child Support
- Community Resources
- Developmental Disabilities
- Mortgage Assistance
Arizona Together - Help for families and businesses.
- Employment & Financial Assistance
- Homeowner & Renter Assistance
- Food & Meals
- Children & Parents
- Mental Health & Emergency Services
Mountain Park Health Center - List of resources for families, individuals, and students in need.
- Emergency food & meals
- Child care & youth centers
- Mental Health Resources
- School Resources
- Financial Relief
National Federation of Families for Children's Mental Health - Find videos, toolkits, and activities to use at home!
- Self-Care and Coping
- Talking with Kids about COVID-19
- Supporting Youth and Young Adults
- Specific Diagnoses & Special Needs
- Activities & Home Resources
- Info & Fact Sheets for Parents
- Is for Arizona residents who have been affected by the COVID-19 emergency
- Provides emotional support and connections to community resources
- The program is both free and confidential.