Medicare is updating members' Medicare number and mailing new cards to members starting April 1, 2018.
Please continue to use your UCA card like you do now, but keep your new card in a safe place. For more information, please visit https://www.cms.gov/medicare/new-medicare-card/nmc-home.html. Or, watch this quick video on Medicare's new cards at https://youtu.be/DusRmgzQnLY.
Here is some key information about the new Medicare card:
- Medicare will mail new cards between April 2018 – April 2019.
- To help prevent identity theft, new cards won’t include Social Security numbers. Instead, each person will get a new unique Medicare Number.
- You don’t need to do anything to get a new card, but you should make sure your mailing address is up to date.
- Visit https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount or call 1-800-772-1213 (TTY: 1-800-325-0778) to correct your mailing address, if updates are needed.
- Medicare will never call and ask for personal information before sending new cards, so don’t share your Medicare Number or other personal information if someone calls and asks for it.
- Medicare will mail more information with the new cards – check Medicare.gov for the latest updates.